Thursday, December 13, 2012

Went form Nothing to Everything

Second quarter outside reading book
Title: The Blind Side
Author: Michael Lewis
Published: in 2006
Genre: Non Fiction

This book is about a boy named Michael Oher who grew in a bad part of town. His mom was a drug addict, and had to give up all of her kids to the state. Michael didn’t want to leave, he wanted to stay with his mother no matter what happened. As he got older he stayed with his friend on the couch. His friends father Big Tony had brought the two to a christian school to try and get them into it.
This story was very inspirational to me because it means to me that you should never give up no matter how much you want to back down. This to me, is such an incredible story and is so amazing that i will never forget.
Michael is so strong and so protective of his now family the Tuohy’s. He would never let anything happen to them. He scored in the ninety-eighth percentile in protective instincts. Thats pretty impressive. When i think about where he came from and where he is now, sometimes i can’t believe how amazing it is.
This story makes me realize how much you have to work to get where you want to go in life. From where he started to where he ended up is just so unbelievable. The first time i heard the story, i started to cry. I thought that it was so inspiring that, that Touhy’s did that for Michael. I had gotten so overwhelmed with so much joy for him that i was crying happy tears. I usually never cry with that sort of stuff, but i did.
I would definitely give the Blind Side a 5 (pounce on it) on the tiger paw rating system. I just wish that everyone could be that kind and caring to do that for a person that had no home or bed. He just had a shirt in a plastic bag. Everytime i think about it I smile. I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone. It gives you a different take on the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment